OFFICIAL XYLOT THEMES FORUMS/FACEBOOK RULES (UPDATED 2018-04-10)

This is the place where I will post links to news, updates, lists, blogs, and more concerning Xylot Themes.
TerranRich
Site Admin

OFFICIAL XYLOT THEMES FORUMS/FACEBOOK RULES (UPDATED 2018-04-10)

Post by TerranRich »

NEW XYLOT THEMES RULES

Updated Sunday, April 17, 2016.

NOTE: These apply to both the Facebook group and these forums where possible/applicable.

1) NO FLAMING. Do not harass or bully other members of this forum or group. This means no personal threats or insults, no acting demeaning or condescending toward somebody, no repeated attempts at getting under another member's skin, no making fun of them for a disability, spelling mistakes, or anything that you could easily just let go. We don't need any spelling or grammar Nazis here, thank you very much. This includes PMs, too, which are considered part of forum communication.

• If you are being harassed or bullied, report the post(s), and an administrator will decide if it constitutes harassment or bullying. If you are found to be in violation of this rule, you will be given one warning (verbally via PM on Facebook, or an official forum warning on the forums). A second violation will result in a temporary, 14-day ban. Any further violations will result in a permanent ban from the forums AND the group.

1a) OUTSIDE HARASSMENT. Since we most likely interact with each other on other forums or social media outside of the group, I can't control how you act in those places. If you are being threatened through emails or Facebook PMs, I will do my best to resolve the situation, but there's only so much I (and the other admins) can do outside of these forums and the group.

2) NO BIGOTRY. This is a new one. I will try to list everything that doesn't belong here on Xylot Themes. No sexism/misogyny, no ableist (demeaning others for a disability or neurological condition), no homophobia, no transphobia (hatred toward transgender people), and certainly no racism. I have VERY little tolerance for bigotry, and depending on the severity and intent of what you have said, I may issue a warning, a temporary ban, or a permanent ban. Call me an SJW or liberal or whatever you want, these are part of my demands for you having a seat at the table, as it were.

2a) ZERO TOLERANCE FOR BIGOTRY: ADMINS & TECHS.[/b] If you are an Admin or a Theme Tech, and you do/say/post bigoted shit online — even if it's not on the Xylot Themes website — I will remove you as an Admin/Tech and you will remain as a regular member. Even if you use a different name on other sites, I still want nothing to do with you on this site, and will remove you immediately. If you really have the “itch” and feel this urge to do or say racist/sexist/ableist/etc. shit online, you can do it on a private site, another message board, go hang out with other like-minded friends — that's fine. Just not in public.

3) YOU'RE NOT A “LEGIT BOSS”. Don't pretend to be a moderator and try to enforce the rules on other members if you are not an admin. Forum Admins and Global Moderators are the only people with such authority on these forums, so don't act like you're in charge when you're really not. Don't boss people around, or threaten action that an admin/moderator would normally take.

NOTE: This doesn't include suggesting that the topic was placed in the wrong forum, or other helpful comments. These are fine. Just don't cross the line and assert authority where you have none.

4) NO SPOILERS. Do not spoil ANY details — especially surprise details or results — of a pro wrestling event or news item, whether it's a television show or a pay-per-view. This includes Smackdown and RAW (some of us don't watch it live). You must wait 24 HOURS (no less than 24 hours!) after the event has finished airing before you can share details publicly without any spoiler warning.

• What constitutes a spoiler? Anything that isn't expected or can't be easily predicted. For example, saying "AJ Styles just debuted in the Royal Rumble!" would have been a spoiler until 11PM Monday, January 25th, 2016. However, saying "Oh, man, what a great Rumble! Jericho was in there for a long time!" is pretty vague and will most likely be allowed.

• Problems arise with other scenarios. For example, if you are sharing news about a possible future appearance from a new wrestler, this is not technically considered a spoiler, but a spoiler warning is highly recommended. This does not violate the rules, however, as long as it has been made public by a wrestling news website or other media source.

• Things that are announced by a wrestling promotion officially, for example on their very own website (like a WWE.com article about a Hall of Face inductee), are not considered spoilers, as the wrestling promotion has made it public themselves. These can be posted without spoiler warnings.

• This does not cover non-wrestling events or news items, such as UFC. Post about non-wrestling shows and events all you want. I only care about preserving the surprise (and kayfabe) of pro wrestling, not any other type of entertainment or media.

• I trust each and every one of you to know what is a spoiler and what isn't. If you have any questions, ask me first before posting about it, and I will let you know what I think. If the rules need to be amended as a result, I will do so as soon as possible.

• If you must post a spoiler on the forum, put "SPOILER WARNING!" in the title, and put the spoiler information INSIDE the post, NOT in the title. Putting spoilers in the title of a post is a violation of this rule. If you violate this rule accidentally, you must edit your post as quickly as possible to hide the spoiler from the title. If you violate this rule knowingly, you will have your post deleted and will be issued a forum warning. Repeated violations will result in a temporary ban (14 days) from the forums, then a permanent ban if such acts continue.

• If you must post a spoiler in the Facebook group, put "SPOILERS BELOW" or something similar in the post, following by several (10 or more) lines, each with a simple period (.) or something similar, so that Facebook is forced to break up the post and add a "Read More" link, which essentially hides the spoilers from plain view. If you violate this rule unknowingly, you must edit your post as quickly as possible to hide the spoiler. If you violate this rule blatantly, you will have your post deleted and will be warning verbally via PM. Repeated violations will result in a ban from the group.

5) TYPE NORMALLY. Please, do not type in ALL CAPS, or in l33t sp34k (leet speak). ALL CAPS is essentially yelling, and is unnecessary. Learn to type normally, or don't type at all.

• If you are hard to understand through no fault of your own (e.g. communication difficulty, reading impairment, etc.), you are not violation of any rule. We will accommodate you as best as we can.

6) NO SPAMMING THE COMMENTS. Spamming, in this case, is basically carrying out a conversation or an argument in the comments of a theme listing. Comments are for... well, comments about a theme listing — a correction, additional information, trivia, or even commenting on how a theme sounds are all find. But please don't repeatedly post several times, continuously add meaningless comments, or carry out a long conversation in the comments of a listing. You can respond to each other a few times, but longer conversations must be taken to private messages, a forum thread, or even a post in the Facebook group.

7) NO DOWNLOAD LINKS. Since we essentially became a theming wiki and listing site, we no longer allow illegal audio downloads on the main site. Do not post audio of a theme or an event, or anything considered illegal, on any part of the site or Facebook group.

• It is OK to post links to the forums on the Facebook group, as long as no illegal downloads or other illicit materials are present in the post.

8) DO NOT BLOCK ADMINS. Most Facebook groups have this rule, and it's about time we do, too. Do NOT block any of the admins on Facebook. If you have a problem with an admin, bring it up with me and I will be reasonable and hear you out. I'm not going to give special treatment to any of the admins, no matter what. I am all for settling disputes and arguments. If you feel this is impossible, then you must either unlock the admin, or leave the group.

9) SIGNATURE LIMITS. Signature images cannot be more than 700 pixels in width, nor more than 300 pixels in height. The total sum of the file sizes of your signature images also cannot exceed 3 MB. Large signature images are causing the forums to lag for some users. Try to get them below 3 MB (if there are multiple images, a total of 3 MB).

10) REVENUE-GENERATING URL SHORTENERS. Members are not allowed to use URL shorteners that generate revenue for them. For example, a service like adf.ly generates money with each click for the person that created and posted it. It's also intrusive with its advertising and serves no purpose other than to make people wait for a few seconds while an ad plays that earns the other person money. If you are going to use a URL-shortening service, use something non-intrusive like bit.ly or tinyurl.com.

NEW 11) GIVING OUT PERSONAL INFO. Members are not allowed to give out personal or work information about professional wrestling performers, promoters, and other employees. This includes direct work phone numbers, email addresses, and physical locations. This rule does not apply if the information is public knowledge, and is available in some public capacity. In that case, link to the original source and do not post the information directly on this site/forum.

---

If you have any questions, comments, concerns, suggestions, or issues you would like to bring up, please feel free to reply to this thread. If you want to complain about the rules, however, don't bother unless you have something better to recommend.
TerranRichThe Nerdiest Player in the Game
ALmighty6693

Re: OFFICIAL XYLOT THEMES FORUMS/FACEBOOK RULES

Post by ALmighty6693 »

Thank you; this is helpful to remember. I apologize in advance if/when I forget any of these. -ha-
Respectfully,
Al
ImageImage
BretC

Post by BretC »

Nope, don't have a problem with any of these rules, good to know all of these.
My database:
Updated Monthly
boutitbenza_69_9

Post by boutitbenza_69_9 »

my quick thoughts on the new rules for this forum and the facebook page:

1. Flaming has been a known issue on the internet in general, so i agree with this rule cause Flaming is a form of bullying and i condone bullying in general.

1A. makes sense as we do not want to mess with other forums and start new feuds with other sites.

2. Bigotry is bad also, but we also need to add an addition to that and that's people's political views and religious views too, some bigotry against some religions do indeed fall under racism (Jewish, Muslim/Islamic, Hindu, etc), but what about Religions that eople of every race is in like Christianity or Catholicism or atheism. i would like to see the no bigotry rule be tweaked to add religious and political views because politics and religion are usually very bad when it comes to causing arguments and bigotry too.

3. don't blame you on that rule, i'm a normal user, not a Mod or Admin, so i'm not gonna push the rules on anyone.

4. the No Spoiler rule does make perfect sense in wrestling cause some people will watch a pre-taped wrestling show and don't want spoilers cause they want really pretend it's live. while i do read spoilers for SmackDown or TNA or ROH, but most of the time, i forget when i do watch SmackDown, ROH, TNA, ETC that it's pretaped. and for those who don't want to be spoiled at watching a show that aired live on their TV via DVR or online though websites, i don't blame you for not wanting spoiler, you want to feel the same way that we the people who watch live do when watching Raw or PPV, due to the live nature of the event. and since you are watching via DVR or online, you kinda want to preserve the "Live" feeling of Raw or PPV.

5. in the internet world, leaving things in All Caps does indeed imply your screaming very loud in a excited or rule or pissy tone, and people hate that. so i agree, and the whole leet speak thing where you replace a E with 3 or any letter with a number is pretty dumb. so i don't blame you for that rule.

6. spamming is pretty annoying, even if someone's forcablly advertising something to you, agree with that one.

7. it's pretty smart to do away with links to any illegal downoading after what happened with this site when WWE finally popped Rich with that C&D last year and i don't know if Rich is facing any lawsuits by WWE legal over it. but in a way, we are lucky it was the WWE that popped is and not the RIAA/FBI/ICE/CIA/NSA/US Government. if it was them that would had got us, things would be pretty worse for XT, the site would had shut down, and Rich would had gone to prison to do some time. so no more illegal downloading cause we too don't want to get sued by the recording industry and don't want to go to jail for violating the DCMA laws.

so those are my thoughts on the current rules, i agree with all of them, but would want to adjust the no bigotry rule to add religion and political views into that too.
PaddyDragon23

Post by PaddyDragon23 »

The comment section still has alot of comments that mention our previous activities so to speak. I remove all the comments I notice, but we still have alot of them mentioning the themes we had on the site. This is only important to the staff members, but feel free to remove any of them. Of course members can also notify us, if you notice any of them. Don't hesitate flagging them for Admin attention.
Papa Faf
Site Admin

Post by Papa Faf »

PaddyDragon23 wrote:The comment section still has alot of comments that mention our previous activities so to speak. I remove all the comments I notice, but we still have alot of them mentioning the themes we had on the site. This is only important to the staff members, but feel free to remove any of them. Of course members can also notify us, if you notice any of them. Don't hesitate flagging them for Admin attention.
Yeah, this is a great example of how useful the flagging feature can be if it doesn't get abused.
Xylot Themes Admin: March 14th, 2015 - Present
PaddyDragon23

Post by PaddyDragon23 »

Excactly what I was thinking of, people could just post a new comment and flag it and mention that there are other comments that shouldn't be there anymore. After we took care of the comment, the flagged one can simply be removed too, so we don't fill the comment section with to many pointless comments.
TEOL

Post by TEOL »

Finally there is a rule about not demeaning people with autisum related stuff like myself anymore. Should stop the big problems I've had with people looking down on me everytime I post something from now on, which is great as I really couldn't deal with the stuff written below me last year anymore at one point.
TerranRich
Site Admin

Post by TerranRich »

TEOL: I had you in mind when I wrote that rule. I got real tired of seeing harassment, especially when it comes to non-neurotypical people (i.e. people with neurological conditions are considered outside the "norm", e.g. autism, Asperger's, etc.).

Also, I added a new rule, for the Facebook group:
8) DO NOT BLOCK ADMINS Most Facebook groups have this rule, and it's about time we do, too. Do NOT block any of the admins on Facebook. If you have a problem with an admin, bring it up with me and I will be reasonable and hear you out. I'm not going to give special treatment to any of the admins, no matter what. I am all for settling disputes and arguments. If you feel this is impossible, then you must either unlock the admin, or leave the group.
PaddyDragon23

Post by PaddyDragon23 »

I've also noticed that alot of the Infoboxes still mention "illegal" stuff, like "edit by" or "purchased by". I remove the ones I find, but don't hesitate to post comments regarding anything like that in the describtion. Same with the TNA Server Leak or the WWE Arena Tapes. Sources like that shouldn't be mentioned.
Alex

Post by Alex »

PaddyDragon23 wrote:I've also noticed that alot of the Infoboxes still mention "illegal" stuff, like "edit by" or "purchased by". I remove the ones I find, but don't hesitate to post comments regarding anything like that in the describtion. Same with the TNA Server Leak or the WWE Arena Tapes. Sources like that shouldn't be mentioned.
All these arena tape "releases" are finally illegal stuff ? I always thought it was some very rare tapes but officially released.
TerranRich
Site Admin

Post by TerranRich »

They were never officially or legally released. They were leaked years ago by people who didn't have the rights to release them, legally. So they remain illegal, technically. I doubt WWE would go after people who had them, but still, better to be safe than sorry.
Chris

Re: OFFICIAL XYLOT THEMES FORUMS/FACEBOOK RULES (UPDATED 2018-04-10)

Post by Chris »

I've been going through my physical wrestling media and have started a small pile of things I don't want/need anymore. I plan to list them for sale on eBay, but am I allowed to link to eBay on the forum or in my profile? I assume that these might items some users might be interested in, but I don't see anything specifically stating whether or not linking to off-site marketplaces is allowed. (If there is and I've missed it, or misunderstood it, I apologize.)

Thanks!
EddieK
Site Admin

Re: OFFICIAL XYLOT THEMES FORUMS/FACEBOOK RULES (UPDATED 2018-04-10)

Post by EddieK »

Chris wrote: June 9th, 2018, 4:09 pm I've been going through my physical wrestling media and have started a small pile of things I don't want/need anymore. I plan to list them for sale on eBay, but am I allowed to link to eBay on the forum or in my profile? I assume that these might items some users might be interested in, but I don't see anything specifically stating whether or not linking to off-site marketplaces is allowed. (If there is and I've missed it, or misunderstood it, I apologize.)

Thanks!
I would say this is fine.